This code is used as an example to send JSON data from the Bosch XDK over an MQTT broker to the IOTA Tangle via MAM.
This PoC can be used as a base to send JSON data over MQTT to the Tangle via MAM.
The newest version enable the three different MAM Security layers.
So let’s get on the jargon:
- Bosch XDK – a programmable sensor device & a prototyping platform for any IoT use case you can imagine
- JSON – is an open-standard file format that uses human-readable text to transmit data objects consisting of attribute–value pairs and array data types (or any other serializable value)
- MQTT or Mosquitto – is a machine-to-machine (M2M)/”Internet of Things” connectivity protocol
- IOTA – The first open-source distributed ledger that is being built to power the future of the Internet of Things with feeless microtransactions and data integrity for machines
- Tangle – IOTA’s distributed ledger, by contrast, does not consist of transactions grouped into blocks and stored in sequential chains, but as a stream of individual transactions entangled together
- MAM (Masked Authenticated Messaging) – is a second layer data communication protocol which adds functionality to emit and access an encrypted data stream, like RSS, over the Tangle (IOTA’s distributed ledger) regardless of the size or cost of device
Announcement and pictures
Thank you to:
- Rck – for his projects SensorNode and SensorHub
- Christopher Aldave – and the awesome project of #IOTALima
- The IOTA Foundation – for IOTA and the Tangle (and being revolutionary)
- Bosch – for the Bosch XDK (and being awesome)